By Joel H. Silbey
A spouse to the Antebellum Presidents presents a sequence of unique essays exploring our historic figuring out of the function and legacy of the 8 U.S. presidents who served within the major interval among 1837 and the beginning of the Civil battle in 1861.
- Explores and evaluates the evolving scholarly reception of Presidents Van Buren, Harrison, Tyler, Polk, Taylor, Fillmore, Pierce, and Buchanan, together with their roles, behaviors, triumphs, and failures
- Represents the 1st single-volume connection with assemble jointly the historiographic literature at the Antebellum Presidents
- Brings jointly unique contributions from a crew of eminent historians and specialists at the American presidency
- Reveals insights into presidential management within the zone century best as much as the yank Civil War
- Offers clean views into the principally forgotten males who served in the course of some of the most decisive zone centuries of usa history
Read Online or Download A Companion to the Antebellum Presidents 1837-1861 (Wiley Blackwell Companions to American History) PDF
Similar american history books
Dr. William Henry generators, fellow within the Royal collage of Surgeons and the Royal collage of Physicians in London, arrived in San Bernardino, California in February 1903. Recruited through Dr. George Rowell as a scientific companion, Dr. turbines fast learned that surgical amenities in San Bernardino have been woefully insufficient.
Buffalo, the county seat of Johnson County in northeastern Wyoming, started in 1878 as a military city adjoining to citadel McKinney (1877-1894). on the grounds that that beginning used to be laid, Buffalo has been witness to gold prospectors and settlers as a waypoint alongside the Bozeman path, within reach battles in the course of the resulting Indian Wars, and the farm animals battle of 1892.
Situated at the southern seashores of Lake Erie, Cleveland was once based in 1796 by way of common Moses Cleaveland, an agent of the Connecticut Land corporation surveying the Western Reserve. The modest frontier payment turned a village in 1815 and an integrated urban in 1836. by way of 1896, Cleveland boasted the Cuyahoga construction, the warriors and Sailors Monument, the Arcade, and the stately mansions of Euclid street.
Interesting INSIGHTS INTO BILLY THE child's TRAIC trip. because the first in-depth fictional exploration of a undying legend, this is the most likely fact contained in the secret of the West's favourite outlaw this can be a attractive compliation of finely wrought and assuredly thorough historic narration, as special because it is interesting.
- Becoming Belize: A History of an Outpost of Empire Searching for Identity, 1528-1823
- Loudoun County: People and Places (Images of America)
- History of the Cherokee Indians and Their Legends and Folklore
- Altoona (Images of America)
- Holland and Its Neighbors (Images of America)
Additional resources for A Companion to the Antebellum Presidents 1837-1861 (Wiley Blackwell Companions to American History)
A Companion to the Antebellum Presidents 1837-1861 (Wiley Blackwell Companions to American History) by Joel H. Silbey