The day to day work of the EITI is carried out by the National Secretariat staff at the direction of the SIEINSG. The key activities includes:
- Working on EITI process to produce the 1st annual EITI reports for 2012 and 2013 in June. These EITI report compare the revenue paid by mining companies and collected by government.
- Raise awareness about EITI standard to Land Owners (LOs), Civil Societies, and Extractive Industries.
- Meetings and discussion with Government, Extractive Industries and Civil Societies about EITI and what they want to do with EITI.
- Ensure Solomon Islands compliance to the EITI Standard
- Coordinate EITI activities in Solomon Islands